(10x02) 220 - That's Show Biz, Part 2

Talk about individual episodes here. Every episode has its own discussion thread and there are also threads for each season.

Rate This Episode

Best of the best
No votes
Above average
No votes
Average
33%
Below average
67%
Worst of the worst
No votes

Total votes: 3

RJ
General of the Army

(10x02) 220 - That's Show Biz, Part 2

Post by RJ »

Use this thread to discuss 10x02: That's Show Biz, Part 2.
Ferret Face
First Lieutenant

Re: (10x02) 220 - That's Show Biz, Part 2

Post by Ferret Face »

I'm a bit torn about whether it's a good thing this was an hour, since it has so many stories with the main characters and the USO characters, or if it's a bad thing, because there are times when it feels a bit too padded out. I will say that, watching it this time, I did enjoy it more than I remembered liking it in the past. There are good moments for everyone involved, though some stories stood out more than others.

The parts I liked most were Charles laughing at Freddy's bad jokes, Charles criticizing the accordion player's music only to find out she could play classical music on the piano (and I love the irony of those two stories playing side-by-side), Hawkeye's talk with Marina about why they wouldn't work well together, Marina's relationship with BJ's patient, and Margaret's scenes with Brandy. I also did like moments with Klinger/Freddy, and Potter/Brandy, though the Klinger stuff kind of went on too long, and Potter's story seemed like a bit of a rehash of his story in Lil. Mulcahy's story of trying to find the ballerina shoes was an interesting idea, but I don't think it had as much depth to it as it could have had. Also, while the USO stuff in post-op could easily be seen as filler, I thought a lot of it was pretty fun.

So overall this was kind of uneven, and easily my least favorite of the hour-long episodes, but it was better than I remembered it being.
J Fred Muggs
Private

Re: (10x02) 220 - That's Show Biz, Part 2

Post by J Fred Muggs »

In my opinion, this is the 2nd worst 1-hour episode, with the worst being "Snap Judgement". I agree with Ferret Face that there are several good moments. Unfortunately, these moments should have been compacted into a standard 1/2 hour episode. Jamie Farr's acting is especially bad (laughing at Freddie's jokes, "bad actor" in the skit, etc.).