(09x09) 207 - Taking the Fifth

Talk about individual episodes here. Every episode has its own discussion thread and there are also threads for each season.

Rate This Episode

Best of the best
No votes
Above average
No votes
Average
100%
Below average
No votes
Worst of the worst
No votes

Total votes: 1

RJ
General of the Army

(09x09) 207 - Taking the Fifth

Post by RJ »

Use this thread to discuss 09x09: Taking the Fifth.
Ferret Face
First Lieutenant

Re: (09x09) 207 - Taking the Fifth

Post by Ferret Face »

As I've been rewatching these later seasons, I've actually grown to really like the growing trend of having Hawkeye's womanizing seem more desperate and over-the-top. For example, his scenes were my favorite part of "War Co-Respondent." Admittedly, I can see why some people may be put off by it, especially in certain episodes, but I've been finding myself laughing out loud at those types of moments this time around.

That being said, there were some good moments like that in this episode, other parts were a bit strained. I think the weakest part of that story is the end, when all the nurses come in. Seeing Hawkeye get his comeuppance could have been a great moment, but as it played out, it just seemed a kind of cheesy.

I did like the other two stories though, and liked how they worked together in the end. Though I did find it a bit odd that Potter specifically ordered Klinger to use every bottle he'd gotten. Considering how many bottles he had, that did seem a bit excessive.