(09x07) 205 - Your Retention Please

Talk about individual episodes here. Every episode has its own discussion thread and there are also threads for each season.

Rate This Episode

Best of the best
No votes
Above average
No votes
Average
100%
Below average
No votes
Worst of the worst
No votes

Total votes: 2

RJ
General of the Army

(09x07) 205 - Your Retention Please

Post by RJ »

Use this thread to discuss 09x07: Your Retention Please.
Frank's Girl
Private

Re: (09x07) 205 - Your Retention Please

Post by Frank's Girl »

In this episode, Margaret (and Father Mulcahy) want to hear what the retention officer has to say about a career in the Army... I thought it was a for granted thing that Margaret was regular (and therefore, career) Army. Was she just kissing butt or what?
Ferret Face
First Lieutenant

Re: (09x07) 205 - Your Retention Please

Post by Ferret Face »

A decent episode. One thing I had forgotten before actually rewatching it was the emphasis on the fact that Klinger being drunk while signing the retention forms would negate the validity of him doing so, and that he would have to do it again while sober. I really liked that the writers didn't overlook what could have been a glaring plot hole. If there's one aspect of that story which could have been handled better, it's the sleaziness of the retention officer, but other than that I did like what they did with the story.

On the other hand, the side-story with the male nurse was an interesting idea, but would have been a lot better if they were able to flesh it out. As it was, it kind of seemed forced and out-of-place.