(08x14) 187 - Stars and Stripes

Talk about individual episodes here. Every episode has its own discussion thread and there are also threads for each season.

Rate This Episode

Best of the best
No votes
Above average
No votes
Average
100%
Below average
No votes
Worst of the worst
No votes

Total votes: 1

RJ
General of the Army

(08x14) 187 - Stars and Stripes

Post by RJ »

Use this thread to discuss 08x14: Stars and Stripes.
Ferret Face
First Lieutenant

Re: (08x14) 187 - Stars and Stripes

Post by Ferret Face »

A pretty enjoyable episode. I liked the flawed portrayals of Charles, BJ, and Hawkeye in this episode. Of course, it's expected for Charles to be pompous and self-absorbed, and it's understandable that BJ would want to fight back, so that Charles wouldn't hog all the glory, but I like how they took that one step further and showed that BJ was basically on Charles' level, as he didn't even think of anyone else involved. And Hawkeye wasn't much better, despite getting on their case for pushing him away. His attempts at trying to find things to do, and push himself on people (i.e. Mulcahy when he's going off on business, and Scully when he wants to see Margaret) are a bit cringey, but in an odd way I liked them.

As for Margaret's story, I did like it, but it wasn't one of my favorite Margaret stories. I did like that she was willing to compromise, and then told off Scully when he wasn't willing to. And I also genuinely liked her "double solitaire scrabble" scene with Hawkeye at the end.