(07x09) 156 - Major Ego

Talk about individual episodes here. Every episode has its own discussion thread and there are also threads for each season.

Rate This Episode

Best of the best
No votes
Above average
No votes
Average
100%
Below average
No votes
Worst of the worst
No votes

Total votes: 1

RJ
General of the Army

(07x09) 156 - Major Ego

Post by RJ »

Use this thread to discuss 07x09: Major Ego.
Ferret Face
First Lieutenant

Re: (07x09) 156 - Major Ego

Post by Ferret Face »

As I've been rewatching this season, I've realized just how much of a focus they put on Charles this season. So many of the episodes have had a storyline revolving around his character, to the point where I can't help thinking the writers had already grown to truly love the character and the different possible situations and interactions with the other character. But I can't say I mind that much, since I also really like the character, especially now that they've pretty much solidified who the character is, as opposed to the somewhat inconsistent nature he had in season 6. And he was definitely the highlight of this episode. I really liked his story, both because it continued to show off his egotistical attitude, and because it was the most humbled he'd been up to this point. I loved the part when he ripped up the article because he didn't deserve the praise.

Out of the two other stories, I preferred Klinger's attempts to get the attention of the reporter, which led to some great comedic moments. As for Margaret's story, I didn't love the reporter's attempts to come on to Margaret, but I really liked the ending, when she explained that her time with him meant a lot because it gave her the strength and courage to move on from Donald, but that she didn't want to give up that freedom for any man.