(11x16) 256 - Goodbye, Farewell and Amen

Talk about individual episodes here. Every episode has its own discussion thread and there are also threads for each season.

Rate This Episode

Best of the best
45%
Above average
45%
Average
9%
Below average
No votes
Worst of the worst
No votes

Total votes: 11

Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

(11x16) 256 - Goodbye, Farewell and Amen

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

Well... what can we say that we haven't already said about this episode? It was poignant, it was a tear-jerker, and it was a chance to see the gang at the 4077th do something they had been wanting to do for a long time: finally go home. I cried the first time I saw GFA.

I, for one, certainly hope Hawkeye and B.J. did get to see each other again after the war; Hawkeye was especially upset that B.J. couldn't seem to say goodbye, as well as after Trapper never said goodbye or left a note or anything.
Eric
Private

Re: (11x16) 256 - Goodbye, Farewell and Amen

Post by Eric »

The pinnacle of the series. I have always thought that GFA was the perfect ending to the series, but I have to wonder, what would script have been like if the wild fire had not burned the set in Malibu? What would the 2nd storyline have been?
Eric
Emma
Private

Re: (11x16) 256 - Goodbye, Farewell and Amen

Post by Emma »

I think GFA was perfect for the series finale, too. It made you laugh, it made you cry (lots), it was absolutely perfect. My favorite part was when Hawkeye and Margaret kissed :D :D :D :D.