(07x08) 155 - They Call the Wind Korea

Talk about individual episodes here. Every episode has its own discussion thread and there are also threads for each season.

Rate This Episode

Best of the best
No votes
Above average
100%
Average
No votes
Below average
No votes
Worst of the worst
No votes

Total votes: 3

Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

(07x08) 155 - They Call the Wind Korea

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

This was a good episode. Felt a little sorry for Klinger getting lost with Charles, and then come to find out that they were only 200 yards from camp all along.

Like "Mail Call Three" (6x21), and "Temporary Duty" (6x22), I saw a glimpse of this episode one night before I actually started watching the series: where Radar discovers his guinea pig Babette goes missing, and starts searching for her, "Excuse me sirs, have any of you seen my guinea pig, I went out to check his cage and he wasn't there, but he's a she!"
Ferret Face
First Lieutenant

Re: (07x08) 155 - They Call the Wind Korea

Post by Ferret Face »

It's strange... While rewatching this today, I remembered Radar's story almost perfectly, and I remembered the ending where Charles and Klinger were close to camp. Besides those things, it was almost like watching a new episode.

Anyway, this is another really strong episode IMO. I love episodes like this, where they have to deal with the harsher aspects of the war setting while performing surgery. In that sense, it kind of had shades of both "Crisis," where they use such a situation to flesh out an unlikely relationship between two characters. In this case, I loved seeing Charles' interactions with Klinger, as they go from being frustrated with each other, do supporting each other during the tough surgery.

And while I'd say the Charles/Klinger story was the best part of the episode, the part back at camp were great as well. I especially liked seeing Margaret going from tough Major, trying to get everything done to keep things running through the storm, to actually caring about Nurse Bigelow.