(01x10) 010 - I Hate A Mystery

Talk about individual episodes here. Every episode has its own discussion thread and there are also threads for each season.

Rate This Episode

Best of the best
No votes
Above average
33%
Average
67%
Below average
No votes
Worst of the worst
No votes

Total votes: 3

RJ
General of the Army

(01x10) 010 - I Hate A Mystery

Post by RJ »

Use this thread to discuss episode 01x10, I Hate A Mystery.
Suelihan
Private

Re: (01x10) 010 - I Hate A Mystery

Post by Suelihan »

"Thereby tempting the criminal to repeat his crime and retrieve his ill-gotten booty... Or his ill-booten gotty". :lol:
My thighs don't know eachother anymore...
Ferret Face
First Lieutenant

Post by Ferret Face »

I don't think the story itself was one of my favorites, but it did have a bunch of really good moments to make for a fun episode. I especially liked the search for the missing items, Radar following Hawkeye around, and Hawkeye's detective monologue at the end.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

I have to say, it was really clever of Hawkeye to stage that monologue, and bluff Ho-Jon into revealing he was really the one who had been stealing everybody's belongings . . . but what's interesting is when you rewatch Hawkeye's bluff, notice everyone in the tent goes to check their fingernails, while Ho-Jon immediately hides them: I find this interesting, because it seems like it would be reversed, and that Ho-Jon would be the one freaking out and checking his fingernails . . . but I guess that would be too easy. Still, it seems odd that the others would check their fingernails, since they know they're not the culprits.

But this episode certainly has what has to be one of the funniest, albeit most slapstick and silly comedy moments in the whole series: Henry getting a face full of water in the shower, followed by a face full of soot from the stove. If you look closely, you can tell even McLean Stevenson is trying not to crack up when he orders Hawkeye to open his foot locker; he also breaks the fourth wall by staring directly into the camera with a "can you believe this?!" look on his face while fading to black.