(01x02) 002 - To Market, To Market

Talk about individual episodes here. Every episode has its own discussion thread and there are also threads for each season.

Rate This Episode

Best of the best
20%
Above average
80%
Average
No votes
Below average
No votes
Worst of the worst
No votes

Total votes: 5

RJ
General of the Army

(01x02) 002 - To Market, To Market

Post by RJ »

Use this thread to discuss episode 01x02, To Market, To Market.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Re: (01x02) 002 - To Market, To Market

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

Hilarious episode, and perhaps one of the more silly/fluffy/sitcomy episodes of not only the first season, but the entire series as well; I think it definitely contains the most music scoring of any episode, and it DOES sound like typical sitcom music of the times, however, I think it does kind of work, I wish they didn't slowly phase the music out altogether.

But still, Hawkeye and Trapper breaking down Henry's office wall, and having his special desk air lifted to Seoul, was just too funny! Henry and Frank's reaction to see the desk going up... and up... and up... priceless! XD
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

Something unusual has recently come to my mind about this episode - notice in the beginning, not only do Hawkeye and Trapper not wear their masks in O.R., but they leave, walk around the Supply Room, the Compound, and Henry's office, picking up and handling different things like the telephone and passes, all while still wearing their bloody gloves.
Captain Tuttle
Corporal

Post by Captain Tuttle »

This is another one of my top ten favorites. Henry watching his desk going up and up... is hilarious. Jack Soo was great in this episode too.
Ferret Face
First Lieutenant

Post by Ferret Face »

I really liked this one as well. While some early episodes may have been more like a traditional sit-com than I'd expect from MASH, it's interesting to see how they tie in more serious elements into these stories. In this episode, I think the set-up was really interesting, showing how the black market was affecting things in the O.R. I think that helped give this episode a strong backbone for the more comedic story with Henry's desk. And I agree with everyone, the climax of the episode was great. I loved the whole sequence with Henry worrying about his liquor, Frank's reaction to the wall missing, and Henry finally realizing what Frank was staring at, and seeing his desk being taken away.