M*A*S*H on AMC

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

M*A*S*H on AMC

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

AMC has added M*A*S*H to their lineup, and are presently (as of this post) airing a mini-marathon. Looks like M*A*S*H is making its way back to the cable rerun landscape - first Sundance, now AMC.
RJ
General of the Army

Re: M*A*S*H on AMC

Post by RJ »

I looked quickly last night and couldn't find any articles about AMC adding M*A*S*H, which is odd because usually cable channels make a big deal about airing the show. I'll look again tomorrow.

Also, the first seven episodes of Season 1 are showing up on Comcast On Demand via Sundance TV. Comcast says they're in HD but I don't get Sundance, so I can't check. I doubt they are actually HD.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Re: M*A*S*H on AMC

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

I checked it out, and here's what I can confirm about M*A*S*H on SundanceTV On Demand: they're "HD" in that they're pillarboxed in a widescreen format (so, in other words, black bars on the top, bottom, and sides of the picture), but the picture quality is otherwise very, very poor. Also, they're the syndicated prints. It's ironic, because the other classic sitcoms SundanceTV has to offer (THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW, ALL IN THE FAMILY, etc.) have all been uncut, and appear to be DVD quality, so I don't know why M*A*S*H gets the short end of the stick. Go figure.