Mash box set ?

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
Keith1980
Private

Mash box set ?

Post by Keith1980 »

I am trying to purchase the M & M collection box set. I have order this from 2 different people both telling me that it was brand new factory sealed. I opened them and they DO NOT have the clip board or book. Its just a big case with each disc in a plastic wrap in the card board sleeve.

The pictures ive seen online show when you open the set the clip board is on the left and on the right is a photo of the cast and you flip that to the left and then you see dvds folded up. Both sets again do not have that photo.

Has their been a reissue of this? Are both of these factory defects?

Im in the USA. This is where I'm getting these collections and highly frustrated. Ive sent this collection back once already and yeaturday received it again and now this one is going back.

This may have been asked before on the board i just don't have time right now to look for it.

Thanks
RJ
General of the Army

Re: Mash box set ?

Post by RJ »

I believe the Martinis & Medicine has been out-of-print for several years. I don't remember reading about it being reissued or rereleased. However, there are some images at Amazon.com that show a "bundle set" of all 11 seasons in shrink wrap. These may be leftover stock of the repackaged "slim" individual season sets that 20th Century Fox has bundled or a third party is bundling them to sell off as a collection.

I just pulled out my set, which I got back in 2006, and on the left there is a clipboard with a booklet while on the right there is a cast photo on the first of four foldout cardboard sleeves for the discs.
Keith1980
Private

Post by Keith1980 »

I found a M&M collection brand new never opened set on ebay. It came with a tshirt and dog tags. I got it for little over $100
RJ
General of the Army

Post by RJ »

That's great news. I have a vague memory of reading about a version of the set with a t-shirt but can't recall any details.
Keith1980
Private

Post by Keith1980 »

Yeah i got really lucky on that tshirt and dog tags.

Anyway. The sets i got from amazon and even on ebay comes just like this set only they put all the discs in plastic and then into the card board and the book and the photo and the clip board are missing. Must of been a cheeper way of selling it cos i remember when It first came out people were mad about the discs scratching from just removing them or being put in the card board.

I happy with the purchase i got. I will never watch it but its mine. I have the shows on my computer so i dont wreck the discs.

When i was a kid columbia house i think it was was offering 3 episodes per vhs tape for 20 bucks and i remeber how bad i wanted that. Glade i never got it lol.

I baught the dvds by season when they came out in early 2000's and near the end i lost my job and had to sell 1-8 and now i got it all in one nice box. So i was excited to see a shirt and dog tags too. I also got a used but in bery good condition last days of mash book. Someone wrote a note to the person it was given to on the inside cover. Other than that its great condition