M*A*S*H Tents

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
MickjaggersSoulpatch
Private

M*A*S*H Tents

Post by MickjaggersSoulpatch »

I have been trying for the past few days to find some where any trace of the tents they used in M*A*S*H. I've gone to local surplus stores, I've scoured the internet for plans, or any sign of them, but drawn a complete blank.
So my question is, what the hell are these tents? and where can I get/ make one?

P.S. (I've just watched the episode Bug Out pt. 1 and took some notes on the frames. But I'm still not sure on the particulars of the construction.)
Kret
Private

Re: M*A*S*H Tents

Post by Kret »

I need to second that question.

The M-1945 GP Tent and M-1950 GP Tent are not the ones, even if used in real Korean War (hexagonal base). Also, the stove for M-1950 is completely different from that in the movie.

I saw M-1942 squad O.D. model that looks similar but is three times as long.

Would anyone have an idea, what was the "Swamp" made from?
hottestlips
Private

Post by hottestlips »

Did you guys have any luck with this?? Would love to know!
GoranWC51
Private

Post by GoranWC51 »

The tents used for "The Swamp" , Hotlips quarters, etc were all the M-1934 Pyramidal tent, but with the winterization kit added, which meant adding a door, and covering the door opening, among others.

The first photo is showing such a tent used as an officers latrine, something that did occur in the TV series as well.
Winterized M-1934 Pyramidal tent-Korea.jpg
pyramidal2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GoranWC51
Private

Post by GoranWC51 »

The latrine tent:
Winterized M-1934 Pyramidal tent-Korea.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.