"I've Got an Amusing Anecdote..."

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

"I've Got an Amusing Anecdote..."

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

A memory just surfaced into my mind that you guys might find amusing, because I certainly did...

This was a few years ago at McDonald's getting dinner, but it was going to take a little while, so I grabbed a seat and waited; on the other side of the restaurant, there was a gang of punk skateboarders sitting around doing their thing (that particular McD's had problems with those punks, so recently, the city actually built them a skate park down the road to keep them busy instead of loitering at the restaurant), but slowly, one by one gathered around me, and suddenly, it was like I was actually accepted by a crowd... and you guys know why? Believe it or not, all because of my Radar cap! I later found out that those caps (not the actual correct military style, but wool caps with brims in general) are pretty popular among punks and such, so I guess, to the gang, I was kind of like one of 'em!

Imagine, me being befriended by a gang! :lol: Brings back to mind when Pee-wee danced in platform shoes to "Tequila", and suddenly those bikers befriended him, made him an honorary member of their gang, and gave him a motorcycle! XD

That was the first time anybody ever actually volunteered to sit with me, most of the time like at school during lunch, nobody ever wanted to sit with me, they were like afraid I'd eat them or something (yeah, I'm rotund...)
Jeeter
Sergeant

Re: "I've Got an Amusing Anecdote..."

Post by Jeeter »

You call a McDonald's meal, dinner? :shock:
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Jeeter wrote:You call a McDonald's meal, dinner? :shock:
I'm not saying that I would make a meal out of McDonald's every night, it was one of those nights where you don't have anything in the house to eat for dinner, nor do you have enough dough to actually go to a restaurant for a real meal, so you're reduced to fast food.

Welcome to America, the land where the Republicans want money all to themselves, and pinch pennies with everyone else in the country who can barely afford groceries, while they run around throwing their money away on mansions, yachts, cars, etc.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Actually, when I think about it, I pretty much unwittingly started a trend there, because by the time that fall and winter came, almost everyone in town was wearing those caps! So much for my individuality! :(

But, on the plus side, nobody else wears the correct original style, though last year, I DID see one other person wearing a correct style cap, I believe he may have been a veteran, considering he was an old man, lol.