Lazy Frank

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Lazy Frank

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

Frank's been known for taking shortcuts and detours in surgery to finish up quicker, but there's thing I've noticed about his final season is that he had become increasingly and maybe even unrealistically lazy... I mean seriously, how many times throughout Season Five have we seen him sleeping? Even in the middle of the day? Even Margaret tells him that, "Eight hours is not a nap". I can't help but think a lot of it was unintentional on the writers' part, but still, it's almost like he's asleep for half the entire season.
divingrocks
Private

Re: Lazy Frank

Post by divingrocks »

I guess he was depressed because Hot Lips was engaged and no longer interested in fooling around...
MASH site volunteer
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

Could be, didn't think of that.
RJ
General of the Army

Post by RJ »

I wonder if Larry Linville had anything to do with that, either because he was tired of playing Frank or just tired in general.
kkt
Sergeant

Post by kkt »

He didn't just lose Margaret as a girlfriend, he lost the only friend he had in camp too. Not surprising he was depressed.
One could even feel sorry for him.