Adams Ribs

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
Grove17
Sergeant

Adams Ribs

Post by Grove17 »

Soo watching one of my fav episodes tonight. At the end Hawkeye gets pulled away from his Adams Ribs. I wonder if he got to come back to them after his OR session? I don't see any reason why not other then the fact that they left the ribs just sitting there, im sure someone came along and started chowing down. Just wish I could have seen all of them eating the ribs and being satisfied. Any thoughts on this??
Best Care Anywhere
BJ Emerson Flagg
Private

Re: Adams Ribs

Post by BJ Emerson Flagg »

We can probably safely assume they ate the ribs sometime after the OR session,but the interruption in the proceedings of the long awaited feast still would have been exceedingly frustrating after all the hullabaloo the boys went through to procure the meat.Of course,someone might have stolen the dish while the doctors were busy operating,but on the other hand,they could have just sent Klinger's uncle to bump off the offending party!!
RJ
General of the Army

Post by RJ »

Worse than being called away to surgery just as the feast was about to begin would be the fact that they probably wouldn't taste quite as good reheated hours after they were initially prepared.

I wonder if the cast actually got to eat any of the ribs that day. They probably were not even cooked but made up by the prop department to look succulent and appetizing.
Grove17
Sergeant

Post by Grove17 »

I dunno but it definitely made me hungry for anything with BBQ sauce on it!
Best Care Anywhere
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

I dunno, they could have been real ribs, ya never know...

It's like that episode of I LOVE LUCY (the title escapes me at the moment), where the Ricardos and the Mertzes were living like pioneers for a week, and Lucy tried baking a loaf of homemade bread, and ended up using too much yeast, resulting in a humongous loaf of bread of shooting out of the oven, pinning her up again the kitchen sink. I understand the prop department had actually constructed a big wooden loaf to be fed through the oven, but Lucille Ball complained it looked too obviously fake, and insisted a real loaf of bread be used: it's my understand it took the whole cast and crew an entire week to finish eating that loaf of bread after they finished filming that episode.