How many own the M*A*S*H collector DVD set?

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
SteveF
Private

How many own the M*A*S*H collector DVD set?

Post by SteveF »

I bought it a year ago and paid about $130 for it. I will be honest I have never regretted spending the money for this collection. I watch a couple or more episodes a day. When I first started to watch them I saw scenes that I don't remember but I attribute the lack of remembrance of these scenes due to the networks cutting them out so they can add commercials.

Does anyone else own this collector's set and if so, how often do you watch them?
“It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.”
--Albert Einstein
RJ
General of the Army

Re: How many own the M*A*S*H collector DVD set?

Post by RJ »

I purchased the first five seasons individually and then stopped, working under the assumption that a complete series set would be released at some point. I sold those five seasons on eBay (at a hefty loss) and was given the complete series as a gift by family members. I rarely watch M*A*S*H but I do hope to change that in 2013.
SteveF
Private

Post by SteveF »

My set came with the complete series of course, but a bloopers disk, the original movie M*A*S*H and the 30th year anniversary special.
“It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.”
--Albert Einstein
Jer63
Private

Post by Jer63 »

I got my new sealed DVD set just last week. I got it for $84 shipped on Ebay.
RJ
General of the Army

Post by RJ »

That's a good deal. I have considered picking up a second set as a backup in case a disc gets badly scratched or lost. I use the discs a lot more than casual viewers. Maybe if the price was around $70-80 and not over $100.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

I've already experienced some disc scratching... specifically Disc 3 of Season Six, and Disc 1 of Season Seven.

It's rendered a few scenes unwatchable, such as Charles going over lima beans and cube steak in country gravy, followed by Potter and Mulcahy tending to patients in the Officer's Club in "Your Hit Parade" (6x19); Hawkeye and B.J. confronting Charles about his use of pep pills in "Dr. Winchester and Mr. Hyde" (6x24); Margaret, Radar, and Klinger talking about Potter and Lil in the Officer's Club, followed by their torturously joyful return from their picnic in "Lil" (7x03); and Hawkeye and B.J. enlisting Radar to help them in a scheme to get Charles to speak again in "The Billfold Syndrome" (7x06).
RJ
General of the Army

Post by RJ »

Now that I think about it, I probably should not have sold the season sets I had for the first five seasons. Those could have been backup and I could have picked up the other eleven seasons individually, plus the GFA and bonus features discs, on the cheap whenever Amazon had them on sale. Oh well.
Grove17
Sergeant

Post by Grove17 »

I bought a cheap knockoff version that actually looks very nice. Came in a green box with a red cross on the front. The top comes off and all the DVDs are strored in the center in a case. I plan on buying the real thing once I can gather the funds
Best Care Anywhere
theprofromdover
Private

Post by theprofromdover »

Hello. First time posting on this board. M*A*S*H fan for almost my entire 42 years. Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I'm currently bidding on the collector's set on ebay at a VERY good price. Had all eleven seasons but my now ex-wife...well let's just say she has them, grrr......
RJ
General of the Army

Post by RJ »

theprofromdover wrote:Hello. First time posting on this board. M*A*S*H fan for almost my entire 42 years. Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I'm currently bidding on the collector's set on ebay at a VERY good price. Had all eleven seasons but my now ex-wife...well let's just say she has them, grrr......
Good luck with the auction.
TimFoust
Corporal

Post by TimFoust »

I must be crazy, lol. I have two sets, One was a collector edition in a box set and the other was individual seasons plus I have DVR'd and recoded several seasons and put them on my phone and tablet. Yah Im a nut.
theprofromdover
Private

Post by theprofromdover »

I won the auction! :D Got the set for $75. Can't wait for it arrive so I can once again watch M*A*S*H without all the missing scenes cut out to make room for more commercials.