Something New I Noticed in "House Arrest"

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Something New I Noticed in "House Arrest"

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

It just now occured to me, that when Henry is trying (not very successfully) to act as a peace-maker/mediator to Hawkeye and Frank, sure, it's clear that Henry doesn't really think the matter is all that big a deal, BUT, one thing that just caught my attention is that while Frank keeps refusing Hawkeye's apology (or lack thereof), Henry continues to try to butter Hawkeye up instead of Frank... which I found a little odd, considering that Hawkeye just basically sat there like a bump on a log in Henry's office when that was happening. Like, for instance, as Frank continues to insist Hawkeye be court-martialed, Henry then offers Hawkeye a jeep so he can drive into Seoul to watch cock fights. I know nobody likes Frank, but really, why did Henry waste his energy trying to appease Hawkeye when Frank was the one who needed calming down? Why didn't Henry try to offer Frank anything to make him feel better?
Chuck
Sergeant

Re: Something New I Noticed in "House Arrest"

Post by Chuck »

Maybe Henry just knew Frank was a jerk and that the attacks on Frank would continue no matter what. Maybe in order to calm Frank, he had to remove Hawkeye from the situation. I was watching "For the Good of the Unit" today and laughed my butt off when Frank talked about how Hawkeye and Trapper had autographed a picture of Frank's mother. "Dear Frank, dad is not your father. Love, Mom" or something like that. Half the fun of those "Frank" seasons was seeing what kind of stuff they did to him. Hey, that's a whole new post...your favorite stunt against Frank.
Grove17
Sergeant

Re: Something New I Noticed in "House Arrest"

Post by Grove17 »

I think Henry was actually offering the Jeep to Frank but Hawk just butted in.
Best Care Anywhere